"Every Employee is a Safety Professional"
BGI&E has many programs to keep safety in the forefront of every operation and task. BGI&E has developed an interactive safety orientation to convey company policies and procedures along with an employee safety handbook composed to direct and control the activities of all employees in order to prevent injuries, accidents, fires, and explosions. BGI&E implements a short service employee mentor program, including trade skills, safety awareness and responsibility. BGI&E believes formal safety training is important to the successful protection of people and other valuable assets.
Using the OSHA Outreach Institute as well as other nationally recognized curriculum, all employees attend annual educational and development training. BGI&E promotes continuous education programs through daily safety meetings, jobsite safety assistant programs and thorough Job Safety Analysis.
Management also holds additional sessions with supervision on a regular basis in order to build professional responsibility and a high level of communication. This communication leads to safety awareness with all of our employees, regardless of when and where they are currently working. BGI&E employees, the superintendents, and the managers work together as a team to ensure safety is part of the job.
- Chevron HSE Leadership Commitment Award
- Chevron Outstanding Crew Safety Award
- Professionals of the World™ 2010/11 Safety Team of the Year
- Professionals of the World™ Milestone Excellence in Safety Award for 6 years without lost time June 15, 2011
- Professionals of the World™ Milestone Excellence in Safety Award for 4 million hours without lost time April 1, 2011
- Gas Processors Suppliers Association Safety Award 2010
- RBR Construction, Inc. 2010 Excellence in Safety Award
- RBR Construction, Inc. 2010 Excellence in Construction Award
- Professionals of the World™ Milestone Excellence in Safety Award for 3 million hours without lost time October 19, 2010
- Association of General Contractors National Safety Excellence Award First Place for 2009
- Selected as one of the top 5 safety training programs worldwide by SafetyXChange 2009
- Professionals of the World™ Milestone Excellence in Safety Award for 2 million hours without lost time August 15, 2008
- Professionals of the World™ Milestone Excellence in Safety Award for 1 million hours without lost time August 3, 2007
- Professionals of the World™ Outstanding Safety Management Award August 2007
- Professionals of the World™ Outstanding Safety Department Award August 2007
- BGIE Division Safety Coordinator Troy Bonar was recognized by the National Safety Council and received the 2010 Rising Stars of Safety Award
- EHS "America's Safest Companies" Award - 2011
- "Our Driving Concern" Texas Employer Traffic Safety Award - 2017